Ever felt torn apart and broken down by other people?
Have you ever hated yourself for not defending yourself?
Does it terrify you to speak out in large groups?
Do people knock you down, again and again, and all you want to do is hide?
If any of these statements resonate with you, then you will want to read on!
It is time to step up and learn how to empower yourself!
What Is Disempowerment?
Disempowerment feels like shit. Plain and simple!
We all know what it feels like, so no need to say any more about that! But, don’t forget about those awful disempowering feelings altogether, because I’m going to show you how to release them and move beyond the discomfort.
YOU are so much more than these shitty feelings and deep down, you know it! Therefore, step into your power and tap into the source of your disempowerment, which is found in your second Chakra. YEAH!
The Seven Chakras
Disempowerment issues come from the second Chakra. Chakras are energy centres that run up the middle of your body. Chakra 1 is the Root Chakra and located at the base of your spine. Chakra 2 is in the sacral region. Located behind your belly button is Chakra 3, and Chakra 4, is in the heart area. Chakra 5, is in the throat area and, Chakra 6, is between your eyebrows. Lastly, Chakra 7, is at the crown of your head (not actually shown in picture).
There are loads of resources online if you like to explore more about each Chakra. I like using Caroline Myss.
Clearing The Second Chakra
The second Chakra is where all those really uncomfortable feelings of disempowerment reside. Tapping into the resistance in this area will create profound and deep healing.
The second Chakra is all about the energy you command outside your family tribe. It is the power of partnerships, the creative exploration of relationships, sexuality, and discovering the power of choice. Your power of choice is the ONE biggest most powerful asset you have in life. The health of your 2nd Chakra is a reflection of how confidently you present yourself to the outer world. It is the golden key to fully empower yourself.
Benefits of a Healthy Second Chakra
Clearing your blocks will create immediate personal success and self-empowerment. I am talking about deep down, root-level changes that come from deep within you. Your new-found confidence will spread into all areas of your life. Here’s what you can look forward to;
Success in all Areas of your life!
- You show up in a bigger way, you enter a room with more presence.
- Feeling more confident means you will take more risks.
- When you feel your power and see it as a valuable currency, you will start making better choices.
- You will start radiating different energy that others will notice! That doormat energy will be gone!
- Enjoying more harmonious relationships that work for YOU!
- Continued and prolonged success in literally all areas of your life forever and ever…
Shadow Effect of Blocks
A blocked 2nd Chakra causes behaviours that will manifest in some of the following ways;
- Being vulnerable scares you; therefore, you will tend to be an overachiever. People might describe you as robotic.
- You don ‘t allow yourself to feel your deepest needs, and so they can’t ever be satisfied.
- Receiving from others is something that makes you feel very uncomfortable.
- There is never time to enjoy the world around you in a sensual way, such as appreciating the beauty in life, enjoying art and nature, food, clothes and other things that you would call ‘time wasters.’
- Sexual energy is either weak, off-balance, tense, maybe even non-existent.
- You give your power away easily, you are a people pleaser. Your early childhood was wounded in some way, maybe by an angry, demanding parent or by other people you trusted.
- You struggle with anger and either suppress it or unexpectedly erupt, hurting those around you. You’re uncomfortable with anger.
- You often feel depressed and self-loathing; which is a sure sign of extreme suppressed anger. You may even feel numb and are cold towards others.
Steps to Clearing the Second Chakra
There are many things you can do to empower yourself and receive great results. First, knowing where to focus your attention and admitting that you feel disempowered is a huge start. Ready to start feeling your power?
1. Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT), better known as tapping or EFT is effective in loosening tense, stagnant energy that can become a ‘block’ over time. The video below shows you how to use EFT to release blocked energy in your 2nd Chakra. Are you ready to empower yourself?
2. Quietly sit with yourself (or meditate) in a comfortable position and connect within. Switch off, drop your identity and just be in the moment and place your hands in your groin area and breath into this area. Just breathe and let go.
If you start seeing orange – yeah, that means you are tapping into the energy of the second Chakra! Stay with this focus and see if anything comes up or presents itself to you. Tell your second Chakra you want to open it up and let it guide you on what to release. Keep breathing into the area, because it is essential to stay with the moment for as long as you can. Do this every day to empower yourself for a couple of weeks for just 10 minutes a day to see immediate improvements.
3. Strengthen the muscles in your core area through Pilates, Yoga or exercise. You will feel much stronger and empowered when your second Chakra is stimulated and on fire
4. Start thinking about Setting a boundary with someone with whom you consistently give your power away. Remember they don’t take your power, you give them your power. That is a choice you have the power to change. Isolate what it is that they specifically say or do that makes you lose your power. Ask yourself, “I really wish —————– (person’s name) would stop ——————– (doing or saying whatever it is).”
Setting boundaries with someone who disempowers you is never easy. In other words, you will want to build your self-confidence up before trying to set boundaries with them. Remind yourself, that no one can say you are wrong for stating clearly how you feel. If they say you are a selfish bitch, say, “Thank you, it’s about time!”
Go Back and Tap!
Try the tapping exercise again and again, and create your own tapping dialogue about what it is that really disempowers you, name it and honour it. Admit you are struggling to rise above the issue/block/pain point. Confirm your determination to get stronger and clearly define any personal boundaries you need to set with people. Above all, practice tapping every day until you feel a real shift in your energy.
Healing the Chakras is a Deep Healing Process
To sum up, it means empowering yourself will be a work in progress. You will not release all the blocks in one session. Keep at it. Alternate between meditating and breathing into this area and using EFT to release the tension, and exercise your inner core area!
Work on this every day for a week or two. Act on anything that comes up during meditation, and embrace your wounded child if needed. Continue to use EFT to acknowledge the struggle and embrace your journey.
Comment below and share your experiences with working with the second Chakra and whether this has helped you learn how to empower yourself. If you think this work would be useful to anyone, please share it. I’d love to hear from you!